Saturday, October 18, 2014

DON'T CLOSE YOU'RE EYES

          DON’T CLOSE YOUR EYES

      When you close your eyes, I know you see him

       I want you, but I know you don’t want me, I’m living with his memory

 Don’t close your eyes and think of him in some memory

I know that you meant to love me, but it’s him in some love song

That you here on the radio, it’s been him all along, tell me I’m wrong

You close your eyes every time we dance, you think of him in some faded romance

Just once don’t close your eyes, and wish it was me, in some of our early memories

I know you dream about him, when times were good when you held him

It wouldn't be me, if I didn't set you free, go back to him so you don’t have to pretend with me

Don’t close my eyes, and wish it was you, holding me tight and the good times we been through

Don’t close your eyes then I won’t close mine, let’s think of each other in our memories


        

No comments:

Post a Comment